Thanks for stopping by.
I’m Amanda and I am a wedding photographer.
I set out on this journey a few years ago not knowing where it would take me. Luckily, it went pretty well. I’ve been so fortunate to meet and work with lovely people such as yourselves.
I could go on and on about how I was born with a camera in my hand, knew I always wanted to be a photographer (I have the 6th grade essay to prove it!) and cry at every wedding – but isn’t that what everyone says? Instead, I’ll tell you that I love shooting weddings because they make me happy. You make me happy. It’s that simple. I feel special to have been invited to share such a wonderful moment in your lives. I want to work with people who become my friends. I want to share your happiness with the world.
Some things I love:
- My Husband, Alex. He pretty much rocks. He’s also super cute. (and a talented graphic designer – shameless plug for Zeroaddone Design!)
- My furry babies. Yes, we own a small zoo – 2 dogs, 2 cats. They are the best friends we could ever hope for.
- Vintage cameras. Well, vintage anything really. I’m a sucka for all of it.
- The color purple. Not the move.. the actual color.
- Cooking! I have to say, I have some skills in the kitchen. I love to cook for friends and family! Watch out Giada – I’m coming for ya.
- Chicken fingers. I am a connoisseur. I have had chicken fingers on 4 different continents. I’m a classy lady.
- Travel! I will go anywhere – I am happiest when I’m exploring a new place and when I get to shoot in that new place? Heaven! Oh yeah – if you are having a destination wedding, you should totally hire me.
- Chucks and TOMS. I can’t decide which I like better at the moment. These decisions are hard to make, people.
- Hopping dance floors. Nothing makes me smile quite like Uncle Bob & Aunt Betty shaking their arses on the dance floor at your wedding. So full of awesome.
- Real Colombian coffee. Good thing I have a sweet hook-up!
- Art. I was an art history minor and even studied abroad in Austria, France & Germany! I love how every work of art has a story behind it.
- The smell of film developer. It totally smells like eggs but every time I get a whiff, it brings me back to a great time in my life. A time when I sniffed my fingers on a regular basis.
- Super cool couples who trust their wedding photographer completely! You hire a photographer for their style – trust them!
Some things I don’t love:
- Most food. I am the pickiest of all picky eaters. I don’t like most of the food that normal people eat including pizza!
- When my cat poops in my bathtub. Her name is Fancy and sometimes, she doesn’t live up to it. She’s a cranky Persian and when she gets mad at me, leaves me little presents in the bathtub.
- Dance floor farts. As much as I love a hopping dance floor (see above), it’s not cool when you rip one on the photographer. Not cool.
- Flight delays. I was once stuck in the Zurich airport for 8 hours because of a delayed flight after being up for 24 hours straight. Let’s just say I learned a few choice German phrases.
- When people fight about Nikon vs. Canon. Come on, people. They are both excellent systems (& both with many pros & cons) and although I am a Nikon shooter, I do believe that Canon produces excellent equipment.
- When people spell Colombia wrong. Columbia is an outdoor clothing & shoe brand or a city in South Carolina.
Sunny Studios is located in beautiful Louisville, Kentucky but absolutely available for worldwide travel! If you are getting married, lets chat! I would be happy to meet up with you to learn more about your wedding. Contact me directly at email@example.com or hit the ‘Contact’ tab above! Looking forward to getting to know you!